The greatest meeting of land and water on earth,' one writer described an area that some call America's Amalfi Coast. It is so beautiful here that artists, writers, and famous actors have flocked here since the early 1900s. Actress Kim Kovak lived just down the road, as did legendary photographers Ansil Adams and Edward Weston. In fact, their families still live or maintain homes here.
Spectacular Point Lobos, one of the country's most visited parks, is 1 mile up the road. Ocean vistas and spectacular, white water views of the south side of Point Lobos are visible from almost every window.
We are at the northern edge of Big Sur, with its fantastic hiking and condor and sea otter sanctuaries and whale watching and award-winning restaurants at Ventana and Post Ranch.
Just a few miles to our north is the quaint village of Carmel by the Sea, with its shopping and restaurants and pure white sand beaches. (Clint Eastwood was once its mayor.) Next to it is Pebble Beach, with its great restaurants and one of the finest golf courses in the world.
- Nearest Airport: Monterey at 8 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Highway One at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Pacific's Edge/California Market at 0.25 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Monastery Beach at 2 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Highlands Inn at 0.25 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Pebble Beach at 6 Miles